Wearing masks out in public to protect each other’s health is the ultimate way of showing how much you care about each other. If you want to take that symbol to the next level how about getting matching masks or even his and her masks?
There is nothing like a Pride event…the love, the families, the music, the colors, the compassion and inspiration (we could go on and on). What makes Pride stand out above other community events is the energy that comes from the LGBTQ+ community being proud to be together, seen and heard. Despite physical distancing being necessary this summer, there are still ways to celebrate Pride and be a part of the global virtual and online movements.
GayCities has compiled a list of all of the changes to Pride events around the world, including virtual events that will be held in their place. One beautiful part of 2020 is going to be the ability to celebrate virtually globally!
Virtual Surprise Parties are a wonderful way to make someone’s special day incredible memorable. We have the tips to help you get the most out of this unique type of event.
You no longer have to go to a Karaoke-specific bar or know someone with fancy equipment.
There are a few things we can thank COVID-19 and Quarantine for, though admittedly, the list is very short. One of those is the mass adoption of online gatherings. All you need now is a few friends or family, a computer with a camera and microphone and then you’re all set to have a fun night of karaoke at home!
If you’re organizing this little shindig around Halloween you might consider having a “Scaryoke” party, complete with costumes holiday themed backgrounds and appropriate song choices. (See list at bottom of page).
You only need 3 things to host a Virtual Karaoke party:
- Zoom (or any virtual meeting/party app)
- Watch2Gether: create a party room for your guests and as they join, you’ll all see the same screen
- A list of friends and family
Set up your party via Zoom and Watch2Gether and send invites to your friends and family.
- Have each person submit their songs beforehand and find the karaoke version of the song on YouTube or Vimeo. We have yet to think of a song that doesn’t have a Karaoke track with on-screen lyrics on one of those two platforms
- After receiving everyone’s songs, create a setlist that keeps the momentum strong. One slow song to every 2 fast-paced songs. Too many slow songs in a row can slow things down too much!
- To keep everyone engaged, don’t let them know the setlist ahead of time. If you know that you’re performing 4th in line, you may tune out until song #3. But if you don’t’ know when your name may be called, you’ll be engaged and paying attention.
- Keep it positive! Anyone who has the nerve to sing in front of their friends and family deserves a round of applause!
So you think I can dance? Well I can’t. But YOU can!
Zoom Costume Parties are the going to be the rage and also the safest way to Halloween this year.
Let’s face it, the main reason we all go to a costume party is to show off! Sure, COVID-19, quarantine orders and social distancing makes this Halloween a little more complicated, but that doesn’t mean you can’t have a fantastic costume party.
Plan your virtual Costume Party in a way that puts each of your guests in the spotlight:
- At the beginning of the party, give every guest their own time to shine and show off their costume. Think of it as a red carpet for your party and encourage each guest to get creative when showing off. This will also encourage everyone to dress up!
- Have costume awards planned ahead of time and think of enough so that every guest receives an accolade. Here are a few to get you started:
- Most Creative
- Most Trendy
- Most Scary
- Most Original
- Most Creative
- Best Homemade
- Most Unique
- Best Movie Costume
- Most Elaborate
- Best Makeup
- Best Couples Costume
- Punniest Costume
Party in Person: If you can’t resist and must have a party in person, make sure you set ground-rules!
- Keep it small! Only invite your quaranteam or, at the very least limit the guest list based on your location’s gathering guidelines.
- It will vary based on location, but if rapid tests are available where you live, ask your guests to get a test beforehand.
- Mandatory Masks
- Have hand sanitizer available EVERY WHERE
- Social Distance!
Need some costume inspiration? The internet is FULL of ideas! We secured some great deals from Halloween Express…use these links to get these great deals. Most orders placed before 5 p.m. Eastern will ship the same day!
- 25% off $125 or more. Code TAKE25CJ2020
- 15% off $75 or more. Code TAKE15CJ2020
- Shop Sale Items Starting at $9.99
We also scoured Amazon for fun 2020-themed Halloween Costumes..check out these and more from these links: