What better way to celebrate your pride than to start building your future together? If you’re moving in together or have been married for years, designing your home together creates memories and a bond that can help fortify your already strong foundation.
Bonus: before and after photos are a great way to make all of your friends jealous on the gram.
Before hearing about some of our weekend project ideas, you have to know about Touch of Modern. If you haven’t heard of it or checked it out yet, prepare to be obsessed. 70% off retail prices. New sales every day. $10 off your first purchase. $20 off for every friend you refer who makes a purchase. All that plus amazing products you wont’ find anywhere else.
- Rearrange the furniture in any room and add just one or two thoughtfully selected accent pieces and completely transform the energy.
- Find the list of home improvements that have accumulated and start tackling them one by one. There’s an inexplicable rush and excitement that comes from simple things like fixing a leaky faucet or changing the light switch covers in your home. Instead of looking at them as chores, spend a Saturday together perfecting and have fun with it!
- Don’t underestimate the power of a fresh coat of paint. Want to feel like you’ve moved into a brand new home? Change the color! Don’t feel limited to painting the same color throughout – create accent walls with pops of color and find great inexpensive art statements on auction sites and thrift shops.
- Transform a normal door into a picture frame! Print your favorite photos the size of the panes, adhere the photos with a thin layer of Mod Podge (be sure to go over the edges after the photo is in place) and then seal it with a clear UV sealant.
For more Home Improvement ideas and tips, visit our Home Organization & Repair Page.
- Touch of Modern: Modern home accessories, appliances and your next “gotta have it” product
- Nearly Natural: Beautiful and affordable accessories to spruce up any room
- Home Improvement Supplies
- Mod Podge
- UV Sealant
- Home Accessories you didn’t know you can’t live without
- Home Decorations